It's a new Day! It's a new Dawn ! It's a new Life! And we're feeling GOOD

It's a new Day! It's a new Dawn ! It's a new Life!
And we're feeling GOOD

Thursday, October 27, 2011

A visit with the Kentuckians!

Kentucky bound, Emree to see.
 A spooky walk through fall leaves on Friday night with decorations so ghoulish I couldn’t even peek. Walking hand in hand with Lydia she warmed up to us so fast. 
Then back to our private model condo wow was that ever nice.(thanks McCall)
Off to Indiana Saturday morning.
 A gorgeous drive, the leaves changing color, beautiful tall trees, lakes at every turn, bound to a farm for a hayride to the largest pumpkin field ever. 
Who knew Indiana could be that picturesque. 
Pony rides, slides, golfing in the lake, and goats long tongues stretching for food. A  picnic in an arbor overlooking a mirrorlike lake. 
Then back to Kentucky a Halloween night at the zoo.
 Huge crowds, small candy, cute characters, and music that got Lydia dancing like a rockstar. So worth it to watch her, awestruck, taking in the lights, candy and glitter. 
She was in heaven.  
A spiritual feast on Sunday with Elder Cook.
 Beautiful blessing by big bad dad JD.  Emree dressed all in white as cute as can be. 
Yummy roast and potatoes McCalls hidden talent wow what a great cook, 
Masterpiece oh yea the millionaire painting was what we did seek and I did find. 
(but yea JD you probably would have won)
What a treat meeting Lauren what a doll and so witty. Know she’ll be such an asset as a new convert missionary.
Visiting, playing, then walking and long boarding along the Ohio river .
The landscape was breathtaking (caution: don’t fall in - the water was beyond murky) 
Seeing the largest bat, meeting Abe, Churchhill Down to see the place of the Kentucky Derby
and best of all visiting JD’s dental school. 
Chilies was yummy, now just a 5 hour ride home. (Whoops did I say 5? I mean a 21 hour ride home.) Running 20 miles with luggage in tow we got to our connection in time but the doors were closed. Tired and frustrated we sat in the cold, waiting for a shuttle, then with a few hours of sleep we went back to the airport in the wee hours of the morning, made some close friends, learned to be patient  and grateful that not everyone lives in far away Kentucky.
The Kentuckians couldn’t have been kinder, happier and fun to be with. 
We were so impressed with McCall and JD and their love and patience with their cute little girls. 
Yes, I’m very grateful and proud to be their Mommy.




































6 comments:

  1. Loved all the pictures of the family of four! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Can't wait till I get to visit Kentucky. Emree looks beautiful in her white dress. Little miss Lydia is darling as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay now I am jealous, those pictures were amazing and It made me REALLY want to be there. To see all four of the gorgeous kentuckians. The pictures were amazing mom- love every singe one of them I'll have to go back and look at them again.. oh wait i already did. I love the pictures of Lydia on that aged chair! SO cool! And Lydia is just the cutest thing ever! And McCall, can you say gorgeous!? You are so dang pretty. Along with your two babies. ANd Jd your looking good too- you are such a good dad and the pictures with your little girls are SO fun to look at. Whew okay. I'm done. Oh one more thing- miss you Kentuckians!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I love all of those pictures! They turned out great! I can't believe you got the entire Louisville bat in the photo.. way to be! We had so much fun with yal and loved getting to show you around our home away from home. Thanks for taking those family photos... they really turned out. Miss you guys already and feel bad that you had such a hard time getting home, geez. Thanks again for everthing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That first comment was McCall,it won't let her publish for some reason...
    I love all the pictures Mom, I'm so glad you took that many. I love the picture of Lydia screaming with the princesses and her hugging my shoulder with the wizard of oz. Love the pictures of Lydia on the chair as well! I'm so glad you guys were able to come it was such a great weekend, and I hope you were being sarcastic about the best part was visiting my dental school cuz that wasn't very exciting

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great poem! That must have taken a lot of time. And so sad to hear about the plane fiasco! I bet it was very special to be there and for little Emree's blessing no less.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved the poetic post, so creative and such a cute way to talk about your trip. And can I say Wow you Kentuckians are sure GORGEOUS!!! (and of course mom & dad are too) My goodness all those pictures were so cute. Loved the pink outfits! Lydia's hair is getting so long and it's so blonde I love it. I wish I could have been there! Still can't believe the plane fiasco but glad you made it safely home.

    ReplyDelete