It's a new Day! It's a new Dawn ! It's a new Life! And we're feeling GOOD

It's a new Day! It's a new Dawn ! It's a new Life!
And we're feeling GOOD

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

craftiness

 I was asked to decorate 5 presents for a table display for Relief Society and this is what I came up. I added a couple pictures of Christ but you can's see them.



 I made this for Debi about 30 years ago. We use to pick names for Christmas. I couldn't afford to make one for me but always wanted one. The pinecones might be free but behind it was costly. I should have just come up with my own backing. Anyway I still LOVE it.
 So no one wanted that pink/turned white dresser and I didin't think DI would either since the top was warped. I decided to use the drawers and made some shelves out of them. It took 5 minutes to hang them all. The dresser I'm using to store coal out in the garage.





                                                    A surprise visit by the Texanians and this little munchkin made my day! So glad Calvin seemed to remember me.


                                                                        2 last shelves. One is empty but it will be filled soon.
 Found some paint that withstands water and the downstairs bathroom is now sparkling white as well as our kitchen sink. Just about killed me because of the smell.
Here is a really cool book that I (Lexi) made. I put it together for one of my friends. I cut out cardboard for the sides and middle and then glued them on fabric making the fabric a couple inches longer than the cardboard. Then glued those flaps in. After this I glued one piece of paper onto the fabric. Lastly, I got a hole puncher and punched wholes through the middle and the papers, then tied a ribbon through it. You can just look up how to do it on youtube. I learned from there, and it's easy as pie.






 I wanted to make my sewing area better. Since jars are all the rage and I have many I divided up my ribbon, buttons, spools, etc. and put in the jars by my machine.
                                                                                              Yes, I made these too!

6 comments:

  1. My favorite thing you made is the very last one. I'd say they turned out rather nicely. Look at you crafting it up though! So very talented. And too bad Mr. Calvin was so very tired when he saw me. I'm sure he would've been thrilled otherwise to have seen me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Mom this stuff is amazing, I would have never thought of turning drawers into shelves... brilliant! You are so great and talented, no wonder all your girls are so crafty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No kidding! Look at how wonderful everything turned out! You should post your new shelfs to shelby's blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I'm ashamed to be part of this family and not have any craftiness in me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowzers these are all so creative and cute. I can see where us girls get the love of making anything look beautiful and the passion to create from. We should have a craft day with everyone and make something fun. I'm also glad Calvin recognized you too. you get so excited when you talk to him on the phone that I think that helps a lot for him to remember you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So amazing mom. Your craftiness never ceases to amaze me. you are my inspiration.

    ReplyDelete